MAIN INDEX > SPITFIRE REGISTRY > BACK TO PREVIOUS PAGE
Serial #: TE213
Spitfire Mk. IXe
Last info: 2010
Delivered to South African Air Force as 5518.
- BOC: August 1945.
- SOC: April 7, 1954
- Displayed at Waterkloof AB, 1954-1979.
-- Mounted on pole as 5518 (later W5851, & later still W5518).
SAAF Museum, Swartkop AB, Johannesburg, March 29, 1979-1995.
- Restored to airworthy, 1987-1995.
SAAF Historic Flight, Swartkop AB, South Africa, 1995-2010.
- Restoration completed.
- First flight, October 5, 1995.
- Flew as SAAF 5553/AX-K (later 5518/AX-K).
- Destroyed in non-fatal crash, Swartkop AB, April 15, 2000.
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
Photo Source(s): |
WARBIRD REGISTRY > SPITFIRE REGISTRY > PREVIOUS PAGE