Serial #: 42-8066
Construction #: ?
Last info: 2002
Delivered to USAAF as 42-8066, 19??.
- Allocated to 460th FG/340th FS.
- Flew as "Sweetwater Swatter".
- Force landing with wheels up, in Fairfax swamp near Port Moresby, Oct. 1, 1943.
- Minor damaged but abandoned.
William G. Chapman/PNG War Museum, 1971-1972.
- Recovered from swamp during dry seasons, 1966-1968.
- Track graded to site.
- Wings sawn off, fuselage cut into sections.
- Trucked to Port Moresby.
- Open storage dismantled, 19691-975.
Kokoda Track War Museum, Port Moresby, PNG, 1972.
- Planned display.
D'E. Charles Darby, Auckland, NZ, 1975-1991.
- Loaned to Museum of Transport & Technology, Auckland, NZ, 1980-1991.
-- Assembled and displayed as 428066.
RNZAF Museum, Wigram AB, Christchurch, NZ, 1991-1995.
- Stored dismantled.
Robert Greinert/Historical Aircraft Restoration Society, Sydney, Australia, 1995-2002.
- Airfreighted to Sydney in RNZAF C-130.
- Under restoration to airworthiness.
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.