Serial #: 43-50281
Construction #: 8638-VN
Name: Scatterbrain Kid
Last info: 1974
Fairchild Aerial Surveys, Van Nuys, CA, 1946-1947.
- Acquired as surplus, Kingman, AZ, 1946.
- Registered as NX33638.
Acquired by FA Boliviana as FAB ?, 1949.
- Not delivered, stored Washington, D.C., 1949-1950.
Jack P. Hardwick, El Monte, CA, 1950.
- Delivered from Washington to CA for survey conversion, 1950.
Fairchild Aerial Survey, Van Nuys, CA, 1951-1963.
- Registered as N33638.
Luther O. Eldridge, Monrovia, CA, 1963.
Darryl Greenamyer, Burbank, CA, Sept. 1963-1967.
- Reportred fitted with camera nose, July 1964.
- Registered as N138X, 1966.
- Flown as racer #1 "Yippie" still with camera nose.
Revis Sirmon/Coastal Chemical Co., Abbeville, LA., 1968-1974.
- Registered as N38LL.
- Fitted with fighter nose.
- Flown as racer #1 (Later #38) "Scatterbrain Kid.
- Crashed and destroyed, Lafayette, LA, Oct. 19, 1974.
-- Pilot George Harper fatally injured.
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
Photo Source(s): |