Werk #: 3579
Last info: 2002
Built by Arado as Bf-109E-3, 19??.
Delivered to Luftwaffe as Nr3579, 19??.
- Allocated to JG2, 19??.
-- Shot down over France, Sept. 1940.
- Rebuilt as Bf-109E-7.
- Allocated to 4/JG5, 19??.
-- Flew as "White 7".
-- Crashed, Pjaozero, Russia, Aug. 2, 1942.
Charleston Aviation Services, Colchester, 1991-1997.
- Recovered from crash site in Russian marsh.
David G. Price/Museum of Flying, Santa Monica, CA, 1992-1998.
- Restoration to airworthy, Colchester, Essex, UK, 1993-1998.
- Used parts from Bf 109/WkNr 1342.
Museum Of Flying/Supermarine of California Ltd, Santa Monica, CA, Aug. 13, 1998-2002.
- Registered as N81562.
- Airfreighted from Heathrow to Chino, CA for final restoration, Jan. 14, 1999.
- Fitted with DB601A engine.
- First flight, Chino, CA, Sept. 29, 1999.
- Flown as Luftwaffe/White 14.
Ed Russell, Ontario, Canada, 2003-2004.