Bureau #: 88391 Construction #: 3205 Civil Registration:
Model: FG-1D Corsair Name: None Status: Airworthy Last info: 2011
Delivered to US Navy as Bu. 88391, 19??.
Delivered to RNZAF as NZ5648.
- BOC: Aug. 17, 1945.
- SOC: May 9, 1949.
Jack Asplin/Rukahia Salvage Co, Hamilton, NZ, May, 1949-1970.
- Acquired as scrap.
- Displayed at Hamilton Airport, NZ, 1953.
- Displayed at Asplin's Garage, Hamilton, NZ, 1954-circa 1965.
- Restored to taxy condition, Waikato Aero Club, 1962-1963.
Museum of Tansport & Technology, Auckland, 1965-1971.
- Displayed as NZ5611/Josephine II.
Ed A. Jurist/vintage Aircraft International, Nyack, NY, 1970-1971.
- Shipped Auckland-Vancouver Oct. 1971.
- Impounded by Canadian Customs.
- Stored by Canadian Customs, Vancouver, 1971-1973.
Duane Egli, Harlingen, TX, 1971-1973.
Jim Landri & Pat Palmer, Seattle, WA, 1973-1982.
- Registered as N55JP, 1982.
- Rebuilt Payne Field, WA.
- First Flight July 17, 1982.
Sky Garden Centre Inc, Seattle, WA, 1984.
Peter W. Thelen, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 1985.
Robert Waltrip/Lone Star Flight Museum, Houston-Hobby, TX, June 1985-1988.
Doug Arnold/Warbirds of GB Ltd, Biggin Hill, 1988-1991.
- Shipped to UK, Apr. 1989.
- Flew as 17640/Big Hog.
Classic Flying Machine Ltd, King City, C, 1992-1998.
- Operated by Old Flying Machine Co, Duxford, 1991-1998.
Old Flying Machine Co, Duxford, UK, March 25, 1998-2004.
- Registered as G-BXUL.
- Flew as RNZAF/NZ5648.
- Operated by Breitling Fighters Team.
- Flown as USN/92844/8, 2002.
- Shipped to New Zealand from Duxford, England, December 12, 2003.
- First flight, Hobsonville, NZ, February 10, 2004.
Classic Aviation Ltd, OFMC, Duxford, UK, April 26, 2004.
James H. Slade/Old Stick & Rudder Co, Omaka, NZ, August 31, 2004-2006.
- Flown as US Navy/Bu. 92844/8. Air Tight Trust, Auckland-Ardmore, NZ, February 23, 2006-2011.
- Registered as ZK-COR.
NZ5648 returns to New Zealand.
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
Tony Chambers Photography. Rod Bearden Research Assistance: