Serial #: 43-28222
Last Info: 2002
Delivered to USAAF as 43-28222, 19??.
- Stored at Davis Monthan AFB, AZ, Dec. 1957-1958.
Les Bowman, Los Angeles, CA, Jan. 13, 1958-1962.
- Registered as N5256V.
- Converted to air tanker, Apr. 1959.
-- Fitted with 1000 gallon tank.
- Operated by Paul Mantz Air Services, Santa Ana, CA, 1960.
-- Flew as tanker #81.
-- Flew to Caracus, Venezuala for fire bombing contract, Mar. 1960.
Zack C. Monroe, Burbank, CA, Feb. 1962-1963.
- Fitted with agricultural spray bars, June 1962.
Les Bowman, Los Angeles, CA, Nov. 1963-1964.
Cal Nat Airways, Grass Valley, CA, Nov. 1964-1970.
- WFU, engines stripped, Grass Valley, CA, 1968-1978.
Gary R. Larkins/Air Pirates, Auburn, cA, 1976-1978.
Ralph M. Ponte, Grass Valley, CA, May 1978-1980.
USAFM, Beale AFB, CA, Aug. 1980-1993.
- Displayed as 328222.
USAFM, Hurlbert Field, FL, Apr. 1995-2002.
- Restored for static display.
- Displayed initially as 28222, later as 02344.