Serial #: 41-30222
Last Info: 2002
Delivered to USAAF as 41-30222.
- Assigned to 380 BG, flew as "Hawg-mouth".
- Forced landed 75 miles east of Tennant Creek, NT, Jan. 25, 1945.
Darwin Aviation Historical Society, Darwin, NT, June 1974.
- Recovered and towed out of desert.
East Point Artillery Museum, Darwin, NT, 1974-1976.
- Displayed unrestored.
Aviation Historical Society of NT/Darwin Aviation Museum, Darwin, NT, 1976-1990.
Australian Aviation Heritage Center, Darwin, NT, 1990-2002.
- Restoration completed except for rear fuselage and tail plane.
- Displayed in olive drab scheme as "Hawg-Mouth".
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
Photo Source(s): |
Han de Ridder