WARBIRD REGISTRY > B-17 REGISTRY >
Serial #: 44-83563
B-17G-85-DL Flying Fortress
Name: Fuddy Duddy
Last info: 2011
Delivered to USAAF as 44-83563.
- BOC: April 7, 1945
- SOC: June 1955
- Stored for 30 days, Patterson, OH.
- Converted to CB-17G (Staff Transport).
- Deployed to Philipines, 1945-1952.
- Returned to United States and overhauled.
- Allocated to 6000th Base Service Group, Japan, 1952-June 1955.
American Compressed Steel, Cincinatti, OH, August 18, 1959-1960.
Aero American Corp., Tucson, AZ, May 9, 1960-1963.
- Registered as N9563Z.
- Ferried from Davis-Monthan AFB to Ryan field, AZ.
- Ferried to Dallas-Love, TX for cargo door installation.
Columbia Pictures Inc., NY, October 11, 1961-1963.
- Leased for movie "The War Lover"
Turrets re-fitted at Ryan Field, AZ.
- Arrived Gatwick, UK, October 8, 1961.
- Flown as 127742/DF*T
- Departed UK on May 16, 1962.
- Stored Ryan Field, AZ, 1962-1963
Aircraft Specialties, Inc., Mesa AZ, February 2, 1963-1985.
- Converted to fire bomber.
- Flown as tanker #E24, #C24, #24, #89.
- Flown to Hawaii for movie "Tora, Tora, Tora" January 1969.
Globe Air, Inc., Mesa AZ, February 18, 1981-1985
- Flown as tanker #89.
National Warplane Museum, Geneseo, NY, October 1985-1998.
- Purchased at auction.
- Restored to military configuration.
- Flew as 297400/Fuddy Duddy/K*E.
Wings Of Eagles, Horseheads, NY, 1998-2005.
- Formerly National Warplane Museum.
- Flown as 297400/Fuddy Duddy/K*E.
William Lyons/Martin Aviation, Orange County, CA, 2006-2011.
- Displayed at Wings Of Eagles
- Displayed at Lyon Air Museum, Santa Ana, CA, 2011.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-5th Edition, 2008.
Photo Source(s): |
Brian Lockett - Goleta Air & Space Museum.
WARBIRD REGISTRY > B-17 FLYING FORTRESS > PREVIOUS PAGE